Founder/CEO. Emmy Award-Winning Broadcast Journalist. Philanthropist. Adventure-Seeker.
Get to know Kym:
Kym is a 14-year veteran broadcast journalist, covering all aspects of business news, sports and politics. She has worked as a business/tech anchor in San Francisco, writer/Anchor at Forbes, a sports director in the San Francisco Bay Area, a sideline reporter for Pac 12 football, an auto racing show host for Comcast Sports Net. She has also been a frequent guest on Fox News, NBC Bay Area’s Press Here TV, KRON-TV’s morning show and many other news outlets. Whether it’s business, tech, real estate or sports, Kym McNicholas has covered it all…
In addition to broadcast journalism, Kym has dedicated her life to helping make sure everyone she comes in contact with knows they have a story to tell and lessons to teach. She’s a mentor to girls within the community and is starting a company to scale her passion for helping all young people succeed in their efforts to have an impact on the world.
From business suit to bathing suit, Kym is a water baby for life, whether it’s water skiing, sailing, kiteboarding, or fulfilling her dream of diving in a shark tank. Kym loves new adventures. She’s recently traveled for the first time out of the country and has been bitten by the travel bug. A few fun items on her bucket list: Racing a turtle in the Galapagos, Having a romantic dinner in an ice house, and a water ski adventure on Necker Island. She’s a talented woman with a zest for life whose greatest priority is truly spending quality time with her family and friends...and loving every minute of it.
Why is Kym committed to raising money and awareness for HackCancer charities?
Two years ago during a charity event she met Hana Monicken - 9-year-old girl diagnosed with Brain Cancer who was incredibly strong and charismatic. Hana and Kym bonded instantly, and the experience changed Kym’s life forever. She embarked on a mission to help make all of Hana’s dreams come true: Cooking with The Food Network's Guy Fieri; Meeting Iron Chef winner Dominique Cren; And swimming with a dolphin at Six Flags when she was declared in remission. One year later Leukemia set in, and just when Lady Gaga was ready to set up a Skype call with Hana, she transitioned into an angel, who's with us always.
Six months after Hana’s passing, Kym’s cousin Meghan was diagnosed with Leukemia, which within months sent her to heaven. Since Meghan passed - her father (Kym’s uncle) is now hoping to win his battle with the disease. Kym is committed to helping to do what she can to raise money for research that would eliminate the disease forever so no one else suffers.
Kym's "Ultimate Trip Along Sonoma Coast" Date Package
Kym’s first date package has to be seen to be believed -- so she’s made this incredible video to document the journey you’ll take.
Highlights of what you’ll experience:
- Enjoy a meal for 2 and a couple of their famous beers at Russian River Pub, which was featured on Guy Fieri's Diners Drive-ins and Dives. The Tri-tip sandwich is worth the the trip!
- Meet Ken Alinder of Alinder Gallery, famed biographers of Ansel Adams. He’ll share stories of him and show you a very rare photograph - he has the only copy in the world.
- Explore the nature’s paradise where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean with a two-hour kayak rental from Watertreks. River’s Bend is where whales come to wash off their barnacles and the seals come to bask in the sun on the sandy beaches.
- Stop by the famous shack at the water's edge - Spud Point Crab Company. Enjoy with 2 bowls of their award-winning clam chowder.
- Savor a Wine Surfs® wine flight for 2 from Gourmet au Bay while you bask in the sun on their deck overlooking Bodega Bay.
- Get ready for a lesson in how to shuck an oyster with a $75 gift certificate to Hog Island Oyster Farm. You'll have a bag of them to shuck so you're going to get good at it.
- Timber Cove Inn, along the Sonoma Coast is providing a one or two night stay* in the Cove Suite (view of the ocean and deck) with vouchers for dinner entrees, two glasses of wine, and dessert.
- As part of this package, Uber has generously donated a $50 credit for a ride (excluding taxi), so you can arrive in style.
- This package also includes a gift certificate for "The Legend" Service at JA Razor Club. Since 1988, John Allan has provided men with more than just great services and products; He has introduced them to a lifestyle and philosophy that has men caring more about their appearance and personal well-being. Your 45-minute "Legend" experience includes massaging shampoo and conditioning treatment, precision haircut, manicure, cooling hair rinse, steaming hot towel, free radical facial cleanse, hairstyling, shoe shine, and a beverage.
*Note: Hotel stay can be converted to 2 separate rooms should Kym join you on the trip.
Bid online via Charity Dreams for the “Ultimate Trip Along the Sonoma Coast!” You will not want to miss this incredible adventure.
Kym's "5-Star Wine Country" Date Package
This date package will be auctioned off live during the Mad Men Cocktail Party!
Experience the most environmentally-friendly 5-Star luxury resort in the world, right here in Napa Valley.
Highlights of what you'll experience:
- Stay in the King Spa Suite at Bardessono, the most environmentally friendly 5-Star Luxury Resort in the world.Your room doubles as a private spa, featuring a concealed massage table, a soaking tub, separate shower and double vanity. It’s the same resort actress Julia Roberts chose for her press junkets for Eat. Pray. Love.
Check out this video to learn more about this luxurious green resort on the Sonoma Coast*.
Enjoy wine tasting for two and a bottle of 2009 Port at Prager Winery & Port Works. This is a small family-owned winery off-the-beaten-path in the heart of Wine Country that offers Vintage, Tawny and White Ports and Petite Sirah and Late Harvest Riesling table wines;
They also carry Chocolate Port Drizzle, Port-filled boxed chocolates, carmelized walnuts, and 3 varieties of vinegars. Guaranteed to make your cheeks warm! Don’t forget to sign a dollar bill and pin it on their wall to commemorate your visit forever. You’ll also get to keep the wine glasses to toast with your 2009 Port.
Discover why V. Sattui Winery is one of the most popular wineries in Napa Valley with a tasting for two. While there, grab a bottle of wine, some cheese, and crackers to enjoy a romantic picnic on the lawn (Picnic not included but the ambience is worth it).
As part of this package, Uber has generously donated a $50 credit for a ride (excluding taxi), so you can arrive in style.
This package also includes a gift certificate for "The Legend" Service at JA Razor Club.